Item of vehicle borne USFD testing has been pronounced in MR’s Budget speech of 2014-15 in Parliament in item no. VIII Safety (4) and now progress of this item will be reviewed by Hon’ble MR regularly. Hence, the action plan comprising of list of milestone/activities along with target date for achieving the same, as per the attached proforma should be prepared and submit to Board.
A special drive for 3 months is to be launched from July’ 14 to Sept’ 14. During this drive, all Sr. DENs/DENs to visit minimum one site of USFD testing and AT welding in their section every month to check availability of tools and plants at site, technical skills of supervisors and execution of works as per provisions of Codes/Manuals. The detailed report of Sr.DEN/DEN, duly examined by CTEs along with suggestion for improvement in quality of work be sent to Board every month.
Regarding appreciation courses for field officers for USFD testing at RDSO, it was informed to all the zonal railways that 03 courses have been planned at NDT Training Centre, RDSO/Lucknow during current calendar year with dates as under:
i)27.08.14 to 29.08.14
ii)08.10.14 to 10.10.14
iii)12.11.14 to 14.11.14
Each Zonal railway may nominate 02 officers (Sr. DEN/DEN & AEN) for attending each of the above courses. Out of 2 officers nominated, one officer must be Sr.DEN or DEN.
Zonal Railways may send monthly rail/weld fractures data in Annexure-IV (Para 13.1) of “Manual for Ultrasonic Testing of Rails and Welds Revised 2012” along with colour photographs of the fractures in soft copy to ED/Track-I/RDSO by 10th of next month. ED/Track-I/RDSO will compile data of all the zonal railways and analyse cause of Rail/Weld fractures in detail for various reasons and will suggest to Board remedial measures to be taken to reduce these fractures to ensure safety of track.
1. Minimum technical eligibility criteria as per Sudhir Chandra Committee to be followed in place of earlier criteria of 500 tkm of testing.
2. To encourage new agencies for works of outsourcing of USFD testing, open tenders upto Rs.50 lakh values can be invited without any other technical eligibility criteria like testing of 500Tkm etc.
3. Generally, all tenders for outsourcing of USFD testing should be called from Zonal HQ level combining the quantities of divisions. However, if tenders are called at divisional level, approval of PCEs should be taken in advance before inviting such tenders. Combined tenders for rail/weld testing can be invited.
4. Agencies should have first got their machines, operators and QAP approved from RDSO before participating in the tenders.
5. Period of validity of the QAP of the firms should be 3 years.
1.To ensure that maximum quantity of USFD testing is done departmentally and quantity of outsourcing be minimized.
2. USFD Testing of rails as well as welds can be outsourced.
3. Decision of outsourcing of USFD testing for rails and welds with the concurrence of associate finance of the zonal railway may be taken at the level of zonal railways upto 50 % of total annual workload with the approval of PCE and more than 50 % of total annual work load with the approval of GM.
4. For outsourcing of USFD testing, tenders for preferably 2-3 years should be invited.
It was instructed that henceforth all procurement of USFD testing machines either on replacement account or on new account will be with digital machines only and during the next five years existing analogue SRT/DRT machines are planned to be phased out by digital ultrasonic testing machines.
Source : Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) CMS Team Last Reviewed on: 17-03-2016
This is the Portal of Indian Railways, developed with an objective to enable a
single window access to information and services being provided by the
various Indian Railways entities. The content in this Portal is the result of a
collaborative effort of various Indian Railways Entities and Departments Maintained by CRIS, Ministry of Railways, Government of India.